General terms and conditions
- These General Terms and Conditions are applicable to any transport carried out by Bio Pharma Logistics NV (Public Limited Company), except for written dispositions stating otherwise. The signing of the present transport voucher automatically comprises the acquaintance and acceptation of the General Terms and Conditions.
- Except for stipulation to the contrary as mentioned under these General Terms and Conditions, all our operations are carried out based upon the Belgian General Expedition Conditions 2005, published in the attachments to the Belgian Official Gazette dated June 24, 2005 under no. 0090237. The text of these conditions can be sent to you free of charge upon your first request.
- The sender must make sure that the goods are carefully packed for transportation and the sender is responsible for any damage whatsoever including those resulting from a lack of information concerning the nature of the goods, the value of the goods, the related documents and the conditions of our intervention. The parcels must have a legible label and the name and address of the sender and the addressee. Our company is not responsible for the contents, the number, the kind, the quality, the weight and the value of the parcels if these do not correspond to the description on the accompanying documents and invoices. Each break, delay, interests and costs resulting from wrong instructions or wrong data and contents, will unavoidably be charged to the sender.
- Bio Pharma Logistics will do everything in its power to satisfy the sender, in particular concerning the delivery delays. These delivery delays, however, are only mentioned as an indication keeping into account normal traffic circumstances and without prejudice to unforeseen circumstances and cases of acts of God, such as: strikes, lock-out, social conflicts, circumstances comparable to civil or international wars, custom problems, harsh weather conditions and technical incidents.
- Shipments will be supplied and delivered to the address of the consignee indicated by the sender, but will not necessarily be delivered in person to the consignee indicated by name. If the consignee refuses to receive the shipment, refuses to pay for the shipment, or if the consignee cannot be identified or located after the necessary reasonable effort, Bio Pharma Logistics will do everything in its power to return the shipment at the charges of the sender to the sender.
- Both national and international transportations are by law or conventionally subject to the CMR - Treaty (Belgian Law of September 4, 1962) in spite of Art 1.1 of this Treaty. For all our operations, the maximum damages due in case of contractual responsibility of our company is limited to € 11,72 per Kg missing or damaged gross weight. Upon the request of the sender, Bio Pharma Logistics can underwrite a complementary Insurance for the sender that covers the real value in case of loss or physical damage to the shipment, on the condition that the sender introduces a written request to do so, pays the applicable fees and receives a written confirmation from Bio Pharma Logistics. The insurance of the shipment does not cover indirect losses or any damage whatsoever, nor does it cover loss or damage caused by delays.
- When the shipment is transported by airplane and has a final destination or stop-over in another country than the country of departure, the responsibility of Bio Pharma Logistics for loss and damage is then defined and limited by the Treaty of Warsaw, if applicable.
- Goods packaged in crates or in any other kind of packaging will be accepted without verification and will be transported without guarantying their contents, which will be considered as having been delivered in the state in which it was handed over to Bio Pharma Logistics Bio Pharma Logistics will only transport hazardous goods under the absolute and full responsibility of the sender.
- Every complaint shall be addressed to Bio Pharma Logistics by registered letter, under penalty of nullity, within three days after the receipt of the goods by the consignee.
- If the sender entrusts B.P.L with hazardous goods, without informing B.P.L in advance thereof, the sender himself, and the sender alone, will be responsible for the direct and indirect deleterious consequences of such transport.
- The invoices are to be paid in cash and without discount. Every invoice not paid within 30 days will be increased with a flat-rate indemnity of 15% with a minimum amount of € 125 and will by law and without prior notice result in an interest of 1% per month started.
- The nullity or non-enforceability of any disposition of these General Terms and Conditions does not affect any other part of these General Terms and Conditions.
- Every dispute or procedure should be brought before the competent courts.
General Proprietary Rights
- This Site is owned by Bio Pharma Logistics. The Site and its contents are protected by intellectual property laws. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way any material from the Site, including, without limitation, code or software, without Bio Pharma Logistics's express written permission.
Limitation of Liability
- In no event shall Bio Pharma Logistics be liable for any indirect special, incidental, or consequential damages including, without limitation, lost profits, loss of use, business interruption or loss of data, arising out of or relating to the site, the operation of the site, any application or information submitted to us through the site and/or the services described therein, even if Bio Pharma Logistics is expressly advised of the possibility of such damages. Bio Pharma Logistics’s liability to you or any third party in any circumstances is limited to a maximum of €10.
Compliance with Laws
- You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations regarding your use of the Site and your use of the services described therein.
Notice of potential infraction
- To notify Bio Pharma Logistics of any suspected infraction, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Terms and Conditions of carriage.